Healthy homes require products that are occupant-friendly and eco-friendly. For our customers, that means powerful ventilation fans that assure good indoor air quality (IAQ) and meet ENERGY STAR® guidelines for energy efficiency.
According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), ENERGY STAR products are “independently certified to save energy without sacrificing features or functionality.” Simply stated, while providing their intended usefulness (i.e. heating/cooling, ventilation, washing/drying clothes, refrigeration, etc.), ENERGY STAR products must also reduce energy consumption, lower utility bills, and help protect the environment.
To earn the ENERGY STAR label, products must meet energy efficiency requirements that adhere to specifications based on these principles*:
• Contribute significant energy savings nationwide
• Deliver features and performance demanded by consumers, in addition to increased energy efficiency
• If more expensive than a less-efficient counterpart, consumer will recover their investment within a reasonable time through utility bill savings
• Energy efficiency can be achieved through widely available, non-proprietary technologies offered by multiple manufacturers
• Energy consumption and performance can be measured and verified
• Labeling shall effectively differentiate products and be visible for purchasers
How do ventilation fans earn the ENERGY STAR label?
• Use higher performance motors with improved blade design and longer life
• Deliver greater energy efficiency and comfort with less noise
Panasonic & ENERGY STAR, reinventing venting for healthy living
For over 25 years, Panasonic has developed innovative IAQ solutions that promote better indoor air quality and healthy home building. Each year we set the standard for whisper-quiet, energy efficient ventilation fans. On our mission to help traditional builders meet local codes, we’re helping green builders design beyond code and comply with the nation’s strictest green building standards, including CA Title 24, LEED, CALGreen and ENERGY STAR.
An ENERGY STAR® partner since 2010 with a proven long-term commitment to energy efficiency, Panasonic plays an active role supporting future improvements to ENERGY STAR ventilation products. At the same time, we’re continually improving our IAQ solutions to exceed standards for healthy, eco-friendly homes.
Not only do Panasonic ventilation fans meet strict criteria set by the EPA, our fans are engineered to perform beyond the minimum 0.1” and 0.25” static pressure benchmarks. All Panasonic ECM-motored fans are tested to overcome static pressure at the 0.375” level more common on typical installations.
Highest ENERGY STAR accolades for leadership in sustainability
ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence Award represents the program’s highest honor. The EPA presents the Sustained Excellence Award to partners that have earned Partner of the Year for at least two consecutive years, continually demonstrate product innovation, and exceed qualifying criteria.
Panasonic earns 2021 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence Award for continued leadership and superior contributions to the ENERGY STAR program.
This prestigious award underscores our dedication to the research, development and design of energy-efficient indoor air quality solutions. By manufacturing products with sustainability in mind, we are creating healthier, more comfortable living spaces for customers while respecting the environment and reducing energy costs.
Naoki Kamo, President, Panasonic Life Solutions Company of America
Complete line of ENERGY STAR Most Efficient ventilation fans – all in one place
Per the EPA, products receiving the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient distinction “truly represent the best of ENERGY STAR”. All Panasonic ECM-motored fans are recognized as 2021 Most Efficient.
Our powerful workhorses help home builders and homeowners meet the most demanding green living and energy efficiency requirements.
* How does EPA choose which products earn the label? https://www.energystar.gov/products/how-product-earns-energy-star-label