The annual Ivory Prize aims to promote innovation in an industry that has long resisted it. In early 2018, Abby Ivory was working in impact investing—raising funds for projects that deliver positive social benefits—when her father came to her with a social problem he wanted her help addressing. The issue was housing affordability in the […]
Meritage will continue its healthy building practices including using low VOC paints, spray foam insulation and sealed insulated ducts.
Just two months after PERI announced the first 3D printed building in Germany, the company has revealed its latest innovative project: a 3D printed apartment building.
Home as a service would be especially useful for the complex equipment that goes into Thrive’s efficient homes, Rectanus finds. Not every HVAC technician knows how to service an energy recovery ventilator, for instance.
MOST POPULAR STORIES IN THIS CATEGORY
- 64 Housing Leaders Reveal What They Would Change About Homebuilding
- Why Build-to-Rent is the Hottest Thing in Home Building
- Builders Find Success with Zero-Energy-Ready Homes By Focusing on the Details
- The Next Big Opportunity for Home Builders: ‘Home as a Service’
- 4 Trends in Fiber Cement for 2021
- About Utopia
- 4 Big Innovations in Homebuilding: Smart Homes, Automation Lead the Way
- Factory-Made Housing Takes Hold in San Francisco
- The Best New Homes of 2020, As Rated by Architects
- What Should Build-to-Rent Communities Look Like?